OUTSIDE SCHOOL HOURS CARE (OSHC)
Allambie Heights Children’s Centre offers an OSHC service to care for your children before and after school. We provide a variety of opportunities and experiences to nurture the imagination, creative thinking and sense of wonder in the children. These activities include art and craft, cooking, gardening, sports activities, music, games, toys, as well as dress-ups and dramatic play.
We have experienced educators who focus on making OSHC a fun and engaging place for children to spend their time, either before or after school.
Our program is based on the ‘My Time, Our Place’ framework for school age children. The program includes the use of interactive technology such as computers, educational videos and music which assist in providing stimulating and fun activities that also promote educational outcomes in such areas as literacy, numeracy and science.
Above all, we focus on making our service a fun and relaxing place where the children can feel at home before or after school.
How you’ll be kept involved and up to date
- A daily program and before and after school care daybook for families and children to read which is available at the sign-in area.
- Our educators communicate regularly with family members about their child’s day, activities and general developmental progress.
- A learning story book displaying observations of group activities which is available at the sign-in area for viewing.
- Regular email contact providing before and after school care program updates and photographs.
- A password protected section of the website where observations and evaluations of the term program, plus photographs of the children’s activities are available to current families – see News & Activities.
What we aim to provide
A place for each child to create, laugh, learn, play and be inspired by our dedicated staff and by each other as well as a partnership with families that encourages the children to be independent, learn skills for life and be respectful and caring to each other and the environment.
For more information about our service, please view our Family Handbook.