OUTSIDE SCHOOL HOURS CARE (OSHC) AND VACATION CARE
Allambie Heights Children’s Centre offers an OSHC service to care for your children before and after school, and during school holidays. We offer a wide range of programmed and free play activities, such as art and craft, cooking, gardening, sports activities, music, games, toys, as well as dress-ups and dramatic play. We also provide an educational program based on the ‘My Time, Our Place’ framework for school age children.
We have qualified, trained and experienced educators who focus on making Allambie Heights Children’s Centre OSHC a fun and engaging place for children to spend their time, either before or after school.
- Before School Care (BSC) – 7.30am to 9.00am
- After School Care (ASC) – 3.10pm to 6.00pm
- Vacation Care – 7.30am to 6.00pm during school holidays (two-week closedown over Christmas)
Allambie Heights School Hall on the school grounds of Allambie Heights Public School. Contact phone numbers 02 8021 9409 or 0431 602 664.
Service Philosophy (Quality Area 7)
- To provide an inclusive environment for children, families and educators that is welcoming, caring, safe, fun and stimulating, and supports the play needs and social development of school aged children. (Quality Area 2, 3, 5 and 6)
- For Educators to document the children’s learning in a variety of ways, to gain a greater understanding of each child and program activities that achieve the five learning outcomes of the ‘My Time, Our Place’ framework for school aged children. (Quality Area 1)
- To promote a positive environment where the uniqueness of each child is valued and where interest based program is designed to link the family, school, and wider community with the service. (Quality Area 5 and 6)
- To offer a range of spaces, activities and experiences that caters to the diverse interests and needs of the children, where they can resource their own learning, including an area dedicated to STEM (science technology engineering and mathematics). (Quality Area 3 and 5)
- To encourage involvement by families in the service, and to reflect family structure and lifestyle, background, culture and heritage when designing the program. (Quality Area 1 and 6)
- To encourage the children to respect the natural environment in which we live, by being ecofriendly through recycling, reducing waste and gardening. (Quality Area 3)
- To value Educators and support teamwork through communication, training and development which will provide a high quality service to the community. (Quality Area 4 and 7)
Revised August 2016
To join our wait list, please Register with the My Family Lounge using the Register button on the left.
By registering with the My Family Lounge, you can:
- Create a Waitlist request for your child
- Update your contact details
- View and accept offers from our service
- Manage enrolments for multiple children
- Complete online enrolment forms
- Request changes to your existing bookings
For more information about My Family Lounge, please view these brochures:
Please download the Direct Debit Authorisation Form, complete the form and either return to OSHC Director, Lily Waterhouse via email or Vacation Care Co-ordinator via email or drop it off at the OSHC service during opening hours, before or after school.
Also see our Family Information Booklet for further information.